History

Dapper Tire started in April 1946 as Service Station Supply Co, Inc by Darwin V. Dapper. The business began as a distributor of batteries and accessories to the full service gas stations and related companies in the San Diego market. During the next 45 years tires were added to support the growing tire business.  In 1980 the tire division changed its name to Dapper Tire Company. Since that time, Dapper Tire has expanded throughout California serving the market with locations in San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Ontario, Ventura County, Fresno, Sacramento, Bay Area as well as Portland, Oregon and Las Vegas, Nevada.

In 1999 The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company purchased Dapper Tire Company and has operated it as a wholly-owned subsidiary. As a wholly-owned subsidiary, our products are closely tied to that of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company. The brands we currently market are:
• Goodyear
• Dunlop
• Kelly
• Vogue

Dapper Tire’s mission has always been is to provide quality tires to the marketplace through tire retailers.

We are poised to continue to grow our business through expansion of our facilities and along with moving into new markets. This was recently seen with our relocation of our Garden Grove facility to Santa Ana, increasing our space by 50%. Our expansion plans throughout the United States are aggressive, but will continue to grow the Dapper Tire format throughout the western United States.